History of Druitts Solicitors in Bournemouth
Druitts Solicitors was established in 1837 by James Druitt Senior. He came to Bournemouth from Christchurch where he had been practising law with his family. Bournemouth as a town was in its infancy and was beginning to become popular with the fashionable well-to-do as a healthy holiday resort.
James Druitt built Borough Chambers specifically as a Bournemouth office for Druitts Solicitors. Druitts remains in the same office today delivering the same traditional quality service but combined with a modern approach.
Oscar G. Vernon bought the practice from the Druitts in 1945 after the War. He practiced in partnership with A.W.G. Lockyer for many happy years. In 1973 Victor Horsfall-Turner (son-in-law of the late Mr Vernon) acquired the practice and from 2002 until his retirement in August 2010 was in partnership with Chris Clifford (Mr Vernon’s grandson).
Druitts incorporated into a limited company in August 2010 with Chris Clifford and Kay Donalson becoming directors. Chris is proud to be following in the footsteps of his grandfather Oscar Vernon and his uncle Victor Horsfall-Turner, both previous Senior Partners, by continuing his family’s connection with Druitts.
Interested in our history? Then why not have a read A Day in the History of Druitts from the recollections of Bruce Brewer who was an Office Boy in 1939.