Dealing with disputes of any type can be stressful but a dispute arising from the contest of a Will can be particularly upsetting, whether you are the person challenging the will or the person on the receiving end of a challenged will. Will Disputes can add considerable strain to relationships, especially if the challenge involves family members. It is important to use a Will Dispute Solicitor you can trust to resolve this legally complex situation right from the outset. Often starting the process yourself can add delay and extra cost to a emotionally charged situation.
Will disputes are becoming increasingly common and grounds for contesting a will include:
- The will was not properly executed
- The person making the will lacked the necessary mental capacity at the time
- The person making the will lacked knowledge and approval of its contents
- The person making the will was subject to undue influence or duress
- The person making the will made promises to you during their lifetime and you relied on those promises
- You may also be able to make a claim for provision from an estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 on the basis that proper provision has not been made for you under the terms of the will
- The Will is a forgery or fraud
If you or a member of your family are concerned in any way about a will contest, we can assist you. We will deal with the grounds for contesting a will in a sensitive and caring manner whilst always ensuring that your interests are protected, and help you receive the best possible result.
If you would like to receive help with Will Disputes or to simply discuss your situation then please contact Kay Donalson by email or telephone her on 01202 551863.